It’s my first time writing a TBR on the blog, and I’m so excited – I’ve got a lot of really awesome stuff planned for 2019, and I think it’s going to be a really great year! I’m determined to start the year off on the right foot, so January is going to be a whirlwind of positivity!
This month, I am participating in Reading Rivalry, and the theme is Sailor Moon! I’m so grateful to be on the same team (Sailor Jupiter) as my amazing coblogger!
This is what I have planned for the criteria this month!
- Author Highlight (Meg Cabot, John Green, Nora Roberts) – Teen Idol [Meg Cabot]
- Takes Place On Another Planet – Illuminae [Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff]
- Book with the Colors of Your Sailor Scout (Pink & Green) – What If It’s Us [Becky Albertali, Adam Silvera]
- Book You Meant To Read in 2018 – War Storm [Victoria Aveyard]
- Book Featuring a Societal Crisis – Handmaid’s Tale [Margaret Atwood]
- Book Featuring a Milestone Life Event – Red Queen [Victoria Aveyard]
- Book That Makes You Nostalgic – The Last Unicorn [Peter S. Beagle]
- A Book From An Author You’d Like To Meet – King’s Cage [Victoria Aveyard]
- Book You Think Will Leave A Mark – Girls of Paper and Fire [Natasha Ngan]
- Book Without People On The Cover – Glass Sword [Victoria Aveyard]
I’m really excited for this TBR, because it also allowed me to sneak in a full series, so I’ll finally be able to finish the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard, as well as several books that I meant to read in December, and didn’t get to in time.
I’ll also be reading a couple other books that don’t fit criteria – who knows what all I’ll read for non-criteria, but so far, I’ll definitely be reading:
- Fangirl –Rainbow Rowell
- Lair of Dreams – Libba Bray
- Before the Devil Breaks You – Libba Bray
I’ve also got a couple arcs to read before the month’s end! These are the two I have planned so far:
- Crazy Cupid Love –Amanda Heger
- Dark of the West – Joanna Hathaway
I’m really glad that I have a long winter break this year, because I’ll be spending the whole thing reading!
What’s on your TBR for January?