I’m so very excited that it’s almost time for the N.E.W.T.’s Magical Readathon! Back in April, I participated in the O.W.L.’s portion of this readathon and now it’s time for the harder readathon. During the O.W.L.’s, I decided on the career of being a healer and had to complete five classes plus three more of my choosing. I had hoped to complete all twelve classes, but life happened. I still ended up completing ten of the classes.
For the N.E.W.T.’s, I have to receive at least an E in Herbology, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, and Transfiguration. Since I did complete ten of the twelve classes, I can also try for grades in Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, History of Magic, and Muggle Studies. Since I need to receive at least an E in five classes, which means I’ll need to read for two of the three prompts, my five main classes will be my main priority.
A – Mandrake! Quick put your headphones on! Listen to an audiobook! (if not – green cover)
– Just My Luck by Jennifer Honeybourn
E – Read a book between 350 and 390 pages
– The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
A – Read a book that you think has a beautiful cover.
– The Virtue of Sin by Shannon Schuren
E – Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (or book under 150 pages)
– The Backstagers, Vol 2: The Show Must Go On by James Tynion IV
Defense Against the Dark Arts
A – Book that’s black under the dust jacket
– Wild and Crooked by Leah Thomas
E – Gilderoy’s memory charm – (grab a pen!) first book that you remembered just now from your TBR!
– The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young
A – Polyjuice potion: read your friend’s favorite book!
– The Backstagers, Vol 1: Rebels Without Applause by James Tynion IV
E – House ingredient: book with a cover in your Hogwarts house color
– Maybe This Time by Kasie West
A – Read a book with LGBTQIA+ representation
– There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool
E – Read a book that’s not first in a series
– The Backstagers, Vol 3: Encore by James Tynion IV
Are you participating in the N.E.W.T.’s Magical Readathon? What career are you trying for?