I’ve officially decided to try to set a to be read list for each month again after a much needed break from doing so. I last did one at the end of July for the N.E.W.T.’s Magical Readathon that took place in August and then officially took a break in October. I was finding that I was putting too much pressure on myself to read only what was on the list and I wasn’t loving the feeling. While taking a break from making TBRs, I definitely found myself missing them a little bit so I’ve decided to bring them back.
During February, I plan on trying to get to both of the TBR and Beyond group reads for the month. This month those are The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman and Ashlords by Scott Reintgen. I definitely think I’ll get to The Devouring Gray as that is a reread for me. I’m going to try my best to get to Ashlords as well, but definitely think I’ll have to see how the month goes.
TBR and Beyond also has a game or monthly challenge each month. For January and February, it’s a board game. I’ve already completed one time through the board and have rolled again to see what my next time through it will be.
- 6 -> Graphic Novel
- 2 -> Fire on Cover
- 6 -> Favorite Color
- 6 -> Own Voice
- 1 -> Free Space
- 2 -> New to You Author
- 6 -> Male MC
I ended up getting seven rolls this time and I think I can easily fill them with some of the books I had already planned on reading this month.
During the majority of the month, I’ll also be participating in Reading Rivalry, which is a competition based reading game where members are on teams and the teams compete against each other to see who gets the most points. This month, I’ll helping on Team Lizzo and I’m very excited about the criteria for the month. While I haven’t decided on a book for every single one, I do know what I’ll be reading for the majority of them.
1: Author Highlight (Christina Lauren, Kristin Hannah, Lisa Jewell)
2: Book From Oprah’s Book Club
3: Fake to Real Relationship
4: A Book by a Female Author
5: A Biography/Autobiography/Memoir
6: Book Celebrating Black History Month (see goodreads list for ideas)
7: Book with a Pink/Red Cover
8: Book with a Male and Female POV
9: Book that Won an Award in 2019
10: Book You Did Not Get To On Your TBR
I also hope to participate in Contemporary-a-thon during the month. This round occurs from February 10th to the 16th and there are seven criteria for that as well. I honestly have no clue what I’ll be reading for this yet, but I’m very excited about it.
1. read a contemporary book with green on the cover
2. read a contemporary from a new to you author
3. read a diverse contemporary (keeping in mind that it is Black History Month!)
4. read a backlist contemporary (something that has been on your TBR for over a year)
5. read a dark/hard hitting contemporary
6. read a contemporary with an illustrated cover
7. read a contemporary that is beloved by a member of the book community (and shout out the creator!)
As for the actual books that I want to read this month, I have a few physical books on my list and then several advanced copies that I hope to get to as well. My hope is to get to about half of the advanced copies to make a dent in the amount I have and the majority of the physical books on my list. I will be adding in some to fill in the Reading Rivalry and TBR and Beyond board game as well, but right now I’m not sure what those books will be.
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
- Ashlords by Scott Reintgen
- Vengeful by VE Schwab
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell
- This Train is Being Held by Ismee Williams
- We Unleash the Merciless Storm by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- Scammed by Kristen Simmons
- The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne
- Every Reason We Shouldn’t by Sara Fujimura
- Anna K by Jenny Lee
- Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales
- The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Park
- Rules for Being a Girl by Candace Bushnell and Katie Cotugno
- Dewdrop by Katie O’Neill
- The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morgenthaler
- More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn
- Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan
What’s on your TBR for February?